They allow for customization and a way for diners to pick their heat levels.
- Latin bowls often evoke a burrito without the wrap. Layer black beans, rice, salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole and a choice of protein such as grilled fajita beef, chicken or shrimp.
- Create a Thai bowl with Asian slaw, cucumber, brown rice and peanut sauce.
- Pair Indian curry bowls or updated dals (braised and spiced lentils) with fresh slaws and pickled ingredients.
- Take a bowl in a Middle Eastern direction with grilled veggies, couscous and a scoop of hummus or a drizzle of tahini.
- Promote freshness with a “California bowl” of quinoa, beets, roasted squash, dried cranberries, goat cheese, spicy/sweet nuts and balsamic vinaigrette.