Father’s Day has not always been marketed as well as Mother’s Day. Fathers need the love for all of their hard work, too! There has been an uptick in operators stretching out their celebrations for the weekend of Father’s Day as well as for the entire month between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day intended to show their appreciation for both.
Here are some things you can do to make sure your Father’s Day specials are unique and effective:
- Start your marketing and messaging early and often to ensure consumer saturation and stay top of mind
- Consider giving away a free item (appetizer or dessert) for dads with purchase of an entrée
- Extend limited-time offers to grandfathers to raise your headcount and check averages per table
- Consider offering a package that includes dinner, dessert and a promotional item like a branded pint glass, or any combination of things that can be gifted
- Don’t forget to run a special offer on gift cards and certificates
Here are some real-life examples of how some businesses celebrate with customers for Father’s Day:
- Jimmy’s Egg: Dads receive a coupon for a free entrée on the next visit
- East Coast Wings + Grill: Dads receive a choice of free select appetizers
- Raising Cane’s: Free box combo with the purchase of a box combo
Entegra Procurement Services regularly publishes blog posts on food trends and innovations in food services. Entegra is more than a group purchasing organization (GPO): Our team of procurement specialists implement strategic sourcing to bring the most value to your business. We help our clients, in many segments ranging from the healthcare supply chain to restaurant supply, to cut costs and consolidate their portfolios.