Since the digits the first three digits of Pi are 3-1-4, this day is celebrated on March 14.
Quirky promotions surrounding National Pi Day have gained popularity. For instance:
- Pizza Hut challenged guests to solve three math problems for a chance to win 3.14 years of free pizza
- &pizza turned a Washington, D.C., unit into a Las Vegas-style wedding chapel with a legal officiant to conduct on-site weddings
This year, you may want to find some fun and distinctive ways you can celebrate with your customers, but it doesn’t have to be limited to pizzas. Here are a few fun ideas to draw new patrons to your menu and recognition to your brand:
- Launching a fun and unique marketing initiative related to pies.
- Engage customers by challenging them to solve a mathematical problem in exchange for a discount or reward
- Focus on pi-themed pricing, such as food or drink items for $3.14
Entegra Procurement Services regularly publishes blog posts on food trends and innovations in food services. Entegra is more than a group purchasing organization (GPO): Our team of procurement specialists implement strategic sourcing to bring the most value to your business. We help our clients, in many segments ranging from the healthcare supply chain to restaurant supply, to cut costs and consolidate their portfolios.