We all know St. Patrick’s Day holds fierce competition for deals on drinks and food, but there are other ways to draw patrons to your door this year aside from the standby promo of green beer.
- Offer up a special Irish Foods menu, including entrees of Corned Beef and Cabbage, Shepherd’s Pie and hearty Irish Stew or find new, lighter recipes to use Corned Beef.
- Change it up and feature lesser known Irish favorites like boxtys or provide complementary Irish soda bread instead of your usual bread basket.
- Incorporate social media promos, such as check-in offers and online photo contests
- Go green beyond the beer – add naturally green foods to your menu for the week like mint icing on shamrock brownies, pistachio and vanilla pudding, spinach pancakes or beer-battered broccoli.
- Pair St. Patrick’s Day with month-long March Madness specials, especially if you can feature special viewing access to games, which will keep patrons in their seats for longer. (Have a favorite team? Turn your local spot into a fan hub.)
Here are some real-life examples of how other businesses entice customers for St. Patrick’s Day:
- McDonald’s: Shamrock Shakes return annually around St. Patrick’s Day
- IHOP offers free pancakes for patrons who are sporting green attire
- Krispy Kreme’s classic glazed doughnuts go green for St. Patrick’s Day only
Entegra Procurement Services regularly publishes blog posts on food trends and innovations in food services. Entegra is more than a group purchasing organization (GPO): Our team of procurement specialists implement strategic sourcing to bring the most value to your business. We help our clients, in many segments ranging from the healthcare supply chain to restaurant supply, to cut costs and consolidate their portfolios.