By taking the steps below, operators can reduce the amount of water waste created by their establishments, while benefiting from the costsavings associated with fewer gallons down the drain
- Conduct a water waste audit to identify areas of loss that can be repaired.
- Fix leaks in faucets and toilets in front and back of house.
- Install low-flow aerators to hand wash stations, as well as restrooms.
- Only run dishwashers when they are completely full.
- Switch to air-cooled ice machines, which are just as efficient as traditional ice machines, but can save 100,000 gallons of water per year for a machine making 500 pounds of ice per day.
- Use a water broom instead of a traditional hose for areas requiring daily high-volume cleaning. They clean more effectively and waste less water.
- Install low-flow dishwashers and pre-rinse stations.
To learn more tips about making your business more sustainable, download entegra’s White Paper, Sustainability Options for Operators. Entegra Procurement Services regularly publishes blog posts on food trends and innovations in food services. Entegra is more than a group purchasing organization (GPO): Our team of procurement specialists implement strategic sourcing to bring the most value to your business. We help our clients, in many segments ranging from the healthcare supply chain to restaurant supply, to cut costs and consolidate their portfolios.