- Find and communicate the sustainability measures of your current food suppliers, capitalizing on sustainability efforts already in place.
- Select suppliers who offer free trade coffees and teas.
- Purchase sustainable seafood and keep any endangered seafood off of the menu.
- Buy local produce, meat, poultry and dairy if possible. This reduces the carbon footprint and also reflects lower costs associated with closer proximity.
- Buy local produce in bulk at the end of the season for reduced pricing, and freeze to store.
- Change menu offerings throughout the year to reflect what is in season, capitalizing on the lowered produce cost while invigorating mundane selections.
- Plant and grow an on-site garden for a particularly high return on investment.
Entegra Procurement Services regularly publishes blog posts on food trends and innovations in food services. Entegra is more than a group purchasing organization (GPO): Our team of procurement specialists implement strategic sourcing to bring the most value to your business. We help our clients, in many segments ranging from the healthcare supply chain to restaurant supply, to cut costs and consolidate their portfolios.